Index du Forum

MembresProfilSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésConnexion

Dr. Schultz, the late learned Prussian consul at

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Espace Public -> Présentations
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Mar - 08:29 (2011)    Sujet du message: Dr. Schultz, the late learned Prussian consul at Répondre en citant

From some traces of <strong>So why do women like converse shoes cheap</strong> painting within one of the tombs, representing saints, it may be inferred that it was adopted either as a chapel or a sepulchre during the middle ages. These sepulchres, in short, seem to have undergone the same vicissitudes as the city itself, and to have served as burialplaces to men of different races and creeds. A very curious coincidence is mentioned by Mr. Williams, viz. that one of these rock tombs, described by Dr. E. Clarke, as exactly answering the description of our Lord's sepulchre, had been three centuries before pointed out by Boniface, the superior of the Franciscan Convent, who "uncovered and recased" the Sacred Tomb, as being, in every respect, identical with <strong>converse shoes clearance are Comfortable Shoes</strong> it! a curious conundrum certainly, but which, it is hardly necessary to observe, proves nothing.
Undoubtedly the most singular and interesting tomb yet discovered in Jerusalem or its neighbourhood, is one of which I am favoured with the following <strong>There are people who buy one pair of converse shoes sale</strong> notice by Dr. Barclay, accompanied with a sketch by his accomplished daughter "In rambling 138 TOMBS OF THE JUDGES.round the environs of the city, I discovered very extensive foundations and remains of an ancient city, the site of which is called by the Arabs ' El Musahney.' It lies on the two declivities of a ravine, entering Wady Beit Hanina, and is distant about a mile from its mouth, and upwards of two miles <strong>nike outlet store</strong> from this city nearly midway between the Tombs of the Judges (of which a representation is here introduced) and a village called Shafat.
There are a few joints of marble columns of immense size but what interested me much more than anything else, is one of its large tombs, whose solid walls of native limestone are laid off in the Jewish bevilled style, and much <strong>nike outlet</strong> of it is in as perfect a state of preservation as if executed <strong>Tiffany jewelry</strong> but yesterday. As it is a genuine Hebrew work, and entirely unknown (<strong>Tiffany jewelry on sale</strong> this was in 1853) to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, I send you the enclosed sketch and thinking that you would like to know something of the internal arrangements of a sepulchre, unequivocally Jewish, I subjoin also a plan of it, the correctness of which you may rely upon implicitly.

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Mar - 08:29 (2011)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Espace Public -> Présentations Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation